Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three tons, two wives, one false step

Go down

Three tons, two wives, one false step Empty Three tons, two wives, one false step

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 27, 2015 9:17 pm

Mohammad Azharuddin’s cricket career was in itself nothing short of a soap opera. There were high points. Plenty of them in fact. He was a magician with sinewy wrists who hit three tons from his first three Tests. He was arguably the best fielder to emerge from the subcontinent in the pre-T20 era, and for a major part of the 1990s, Azharuddin was also the man in-charge of Indian cricket. Then, at the same time, it was a career that ended in disgrace, with him receiving a life ban for alleged involvement in match-fixing.

In many ways, the Azharuddin story was literally made for the silver-screen. Still, it took producer Ekta Kapoor 30 visits and meetings to convince the former Indian captain about making a biopic based on his life.
Off the field, Azharuddin was also known for his love for wrist-watches. At the same time, he was also equally renowned for his generosity. And the whole country watched in shock at the turn of the century as Azharuddin became the Indian face of the ugly match-fixing fiasco that came to the fore in 2000. With time, he has moved on with his life. The ban was lifted in 2012, and he has also served as a Member of Parliament. But Azharuddin admitted that that untoward phase of his life was a crucial element of the film as it was what changed his life forever. “I don’t have many fans left,” Azhar pointed out when a journalist present at the event admitted to being a great fan of his. “Whenever I go out, people don’t ask me about my batting but always say Azhar sahab aap bahut ache fielder the. But I remind them that I used to bat decently too,” he said.
http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/mohammad-azharuddin-biopic-three-tons-two-wives-one-false-step/99/

-> Azzhu bhai & Cheeka were certainly the best fielders of their times. He was also instrumental in making Sachin the great ODI player by promoting him to open the innings.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down