Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karwachoth Tonight - Another example of useless Rituals

3 posters

Go down

Karwachoth Tonight - Another example of useless Rituals Empty Karwachoth Tonight - Another example of useless Rituals

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:59 pm

I do not know why "rituals" became so important in Hinduism.

The history, I am not fond of.

But it is a ritual - ingrained in the mind of a girl since childhood - herd mentality.

What are rituals without understanding the "significance" behind them?

Indian wedding ceremony is a ritual - fire - 7 pheras - but meaningless when you do not understand the "meaning" behind.

Rituals in Hinduism were started to take it to the masses. 

To make it easier for them.

The side affect, which has become the main effect today, is that Hindus merely follow them.

No questioning as to whether it even makes sense today?

Panditji says - put ghee in fire whenever I say Swaha - during a wedding/Pooja - and I do.

Put three flowers there.

Bring your right hand, and put this havan-samagri bit by bit, when I tell you to.

WTF?

What is the meaning of all this?

Karwachoth is NO different. Fasting by wives.

A ritual.

I'd rather take my wife to a lavish dinner every year on Karwachoth, than freakishly looking out for moon.

We are in US, not India. We go to office on Diwali, Karwachoth - then why are we Indians following this "ritual" in an Indian way?

Why cannot we improvise to suit us?

Does not make sense.

TIA,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Karwachoth Tonight - Another example of useless Rituals Empty Re: Karwachoth Tonight - Another example of useless Rituals

Post by Hellsangel Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:09 am

Today is Karwa Chauth, yet male life expectancy in India is among the lowest in the world...I guess our women are secretly stuffing themselves .
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Karwachoth Tonight - Another example of useless Rituals Empty Re: Karwachoth Tonight - Another example of useless Rituals

Post by southindian Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:03 am

TruthSeeker wrote:I do not know why "rituals" became so important in Hinduism.

The history, I am not fond of.

But it is a ritual - ingrained in the mind of a girl since childhood - herd mentality.

What are rituals without understanding the "significance" behind them?

Indian wedding ceremony is a ritual - fire - 7 pheras - but meaningless when you do not understand the "meaning" behind.

Rituals in Hinduism were started to take it to the masses. 

To make it easier for them.

The side affect, which has become the main effect today, is that Hindus merely follow them.

No questioning as to whether it even makes sense today?

Panditji says - put ghee in fire whenever I say Swaha - during a wedding/Pooja - and I do.

Put three flowers there.

Bring your right hand, and put this havan-samagri bit by bit, when I tell you to.

WTF?

What is the meaning of all this?

Karwachoth is NO different. Fasting by wives.

A ritual.

I'd rather take my wife to a lavish dinner every year on Karwachoth, than freakishly looking out for moon.

We are in US, not India. We go to office on Diwali, Karwachoth - then why are we Indians following this "ritual" in an Indian way?

Why cannot we improvise to suit us?

Does not make sense.

TIA,
TS.
If Christmas makes sense, walking around Kabba stone makes sense then why not Karva Chauth?

We humans have made all these above to make us happy. Why debunk?

Every practice makes sense.

Let people enjoy the rituals they want to do. Stay hungry, eat, put lights on Diwali, eat eggnog whatever.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down