Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Naani, to my Mom, to my wife, and now my daughter!

Go down

My Naani, to my Mom, to my wife, and now my daughter! Empty My Naani, to my Mom, to my wife, and now my daughter!

Post by TruthSeeker Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:43 am

I have no shame to wash any of their feet, out of simple respect to their life....

A woman's strength in different roles in my life, brings tears to my eyes....

Jai Mata Di, indeed,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

My Naani, to my Mom, to my wife, and now my daughter! Empty Re: My Naani, to my Mom, to my wife, and now my daughter!

Post by TruthSeeker Mon May 01, 2017 9:00 pm

easier said than practiced. i ended up saying sorry.

i get mean, sometimes.

random realizations towards humility,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

My Naani, to my Mom, to my wife, and now my daughter! Empty Re: My Naani, to my Mom, to my wife, and now my daughter!

Post by Guest Mon May 01, 2017 10:06 pm

you like, legit wash their feet? like wash wash? not symbolically? not just a massage?

While on the topic.... I live for foot massages. whatever masseur I go to, i rate them by foot massages they give. strong cushiony hands holding your foot, and running its thumb or fingers across the center of your foot, pressing, kneading, pulling ... makes me all kinds of emotional. have a bad history of legs/feet issues...

Have bought a foot reflexology groupon. will be my first. Lets see how it goes. It's one hour, so am thinking i will get bored half way through, but let's see.  

if you sorry to ur wife, and wanna wash her feet, buy her one of these.  She will forgive you. I can legit forgive anyone who can give me a good foot massage.  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Tue May 02, 2017 10:21 pm

When a man stops seeing his wife, as his wife, but as mother of their children.

A "shift" happens.

So yes, I will have no hesitation to "wash the feet of a mother". Like in "legit" wash wash. 

After I lost my mom last year, I have hard core respect for women - who give up their life for their family and children.

Washing their feet is only an expression, easily practiced.

I am a very egoistic person. But I try to be righteous. 

Only my wife is allowed to judge me, IMHO.

And no one else.

Woman's respect I truly believe in.

A foot massage is immaterial, TW. 

Regards,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 03, 2017 9:03 am

oh, i totally get the part that you respect your wife. I wasn't questioning your intentions or feelings. I was trying to wrap my head around the logistics of it.
typically, in old times, people would wash the feet of their guests. Later on, it got reduced to mere symbolism, mostly practiced during weddings or other festivals, if at all. There are many people who wash their feet after coming home, or before going to bed. but there is no custom that i heard of where you do that for each other, except parents doing it for the kids.
so, my question was, when do you get to wash your wife or daughter's feet? What occasions? are there any examples where you have done this? My guess is that this is just some power/hierarchy, of which i am unaware of, that you are claiming to break, if such a moment arise? but when does it arise?
It's an indian tradition to press feet/legs of elders. So keeping that in mind, massaging your tired wife's feet would seem more practical to me, as a gesture of respect/service/help/love.

Anyhoos...

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed May 03, 2017 7:36 pm

Fine. I have no problem in massaging her feet/legs as well.

Thanks,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down