Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search for extraterrestrial intelligence stops because of budget woes

3 posters

Go down

Search for extraterrestrial intelligence stops because of budget woes Empty Search for extraterrestrial intelligence stops because of budget woes

Post by charvaka Tue May 10, 2011 12:52 am

I was happy to learn a few years ago that MSFT's Paul Allen gave SETI money to build an array of telescopes. (In my comparative poverty, all I gave them was computer time on my PCs.) So I was shocked to hear this news on the radio. I think the odds are very very low that we'll hear anything, but if we do hear something, it will fundamentally change humanity's view of itself and the universe. So I can't believe that they can't keep looking because they don't have money for operating expenses.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/SCI-SETI_5076026/SCI-SETI_5076026/

Click on the SETI link above if you want to help. I am going to finally send them some money I guess.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Search for extraterrestrial intelligence stops because of budget woes Empty Re: Search for extraterrestrial intelligence stops because of budget woes

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks for this information.

do you know of any scientific research taking place on Time Travel.

Back to top Go down

Search for extraterrestrial intelligence stops because of budget woes Empty Re: Search for extraterrestrial intelligence stops because of budget woes

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 10, 2011 9:34 pm

Rashmun wrote:Thanks for this information.

So many questions to ask جلال الدین محمد اکبر
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue May 10, 2011 10:36 pm

Rashmun wrote:Thanks for this information.

No idea. I haven't really been fascinated by the idea of time travel. Extraterrestrial intelligence is something that really interests me.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue May 10, 2011 10:49 pm

One of my previous direct reports had a relative who was working on a project looking for life forms on other planets. The guy lost his job, with a budget cutback. He was working at the NASA/ mtn view campus, but was not a permanent employee..

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down