Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any admin requests?

+20
Impedimenta
Jebediah Mburuburu
seven
Merlot Daruwala
Sandee2020
southindian
rawemotions
doofus_maximus
goodcitizn
b_A
Captain Bhankas
Propagandhi711
Petrichor
bw
FluteHolder
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Idéfix
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Any admin requests? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any admin requests?

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:41 pm

Using the youtube embedding icon to post videos never works for me. I tried both chrome and firefox. any tricks to this..

Edit: I abandon posting videos mid way through the process and move on. thought I would complain today and see what happens.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:47 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:Using the youtube embedding icon to post videos never works for me. I tried both chrome and firefox. any tricks to this..

Edit: I abandon posting videos mid way through the process and move on. thought I would complain today and see what happens.
Can you paste the links you tried here? I know that if there is an embed=xyz thing in the URL, copy-pasting that doesn't work. Basically your URL should be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abc without any other things in it.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:50 pm

this is what I tried to link..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=327-bwMQI-Y
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:53 pm

Trying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=327-bwMQI-Y

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:53 pm

cool.. thanks.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:59 pm

b_A wrote:Is there a setting in forumotion to display embedded links only if the user logs in ?
For example , the link in this uppili's post,
https://such.forumotion.com/t11263-has-panini-press-started-abusing-his-admin-powers-again#87323 , not visible unless I log in.
If there is such a setting, can you please disable it?
Thanks.
bump

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:16 pm

b_A wrote:
b_A wrote:Is there a setting in forumotion to display embedded links only if the user logs in ?
For example , the link in this uppili's post,
https://such.forumotion.com/t11263-has-panini-press-started-abusing-his-admin-powers-again#87323 , not visible unless I log in.
If there is such a setting, can you please disable it?
Thanks.
bump
Sorry I had missed this. Will look into it on next admin login.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:12 pm

Admin,
I see a screen for
a) view my posts,
b) view all unanswered posts,
c) view posts since last visit

Suggestions
1) for (a), a click on each link, takes you to the first original post that started the thread, rather than the latest post you had made in that thread. Can we change this behavior OR give an option in settings to select this type of UI ?
2) for (b), a click on each link, takes you to the first original post that started the thread, rather than the latest unanswered post in that thread. Can we change this behavior OR give an option in settings to select this type of UI ?

3) In addition , can we have a new screen to display only my unanswered posts? This is very useful for folks who typically monitor responses to only those posts that they make, rather than going through every single new post that happens between visits. For those who make visits once a week, this screen would be very useful.

Kindly consider these requests and let me know your response. Is it within your powers to make these changes ?

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 pm

rawemotions wrote:Admin,
I see a screen for
a) view my posts,

Suggestions
1) for (a), a click on each link, takes you to the first original post that started the thread, rather than the latest post you had made in that thread. Can we change this behavior OR give an option in settings to select this type of UI ?
2) for (b), a click on each link, takes you to the first original post that started the thread, rather than the latest unanswered post in that thread. Can we change this behavior OR give an option in settings to select this type of UI ?

3) In addition , can we have a new screen to display only my unanswered posts? This is very useful for folks who typically monitor responses to only those posts that they make, rather than going through every single new post that happens between visits. For those who make visits once a week, this screen would be very useful.

Kindly consider these requests and let me know your response. Is it within your powers to make these changes ?
As you may know, the technical infrastructure for this forum is managed by Forumotion, and they have very limited UI customization options. I will look into your requests when I login as admin next, but I am not optimistic that they allow this level of customization. I do know that in another, alternative forum software that I was testing a while ago, some of these options were available. I don't think they have those here, but I will post an update here after I take a look.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Any admin requests? - Page 2 Empty Enable chat on forumotion

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:24 pm

chat app on the other site sucks. also if i mistype my password twice, it makes me wait 15 min. its worse that icicidirect. they let you type ur pwd twice but also let you know if your capslock is on after the first time.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:31 am

Please add this thread to Sticky screen, saving SuCHers time searching for this thread.

https://such.forumotion.com/t12175-tgif-submission#93863

Please let us know if you have any issues or have questions and revert back when this is completed.

Thanks and Regards
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:56 am

admin, why has the "what are you cooking" sticky been truncated to 3 pages? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:09 am

southindian wrote:Please add this thread to Sticky screen, saving SuCHers time searching for this thread.

https://such.forumotion.com/t12175-tgif-submission#93863

Please let us know if you have any issues or have questions and revert back when this is completed.

Thanks and Regards
southTHie, what does "revert back" mean?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:admin, why has the "what are you cooking" sticky been truncated to 3 pages? Shocked
Not sure what happened! Let me investigate.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:35 pm

There is a strange problem with that thread. It appears as "locked" and what you are seeing as the truncated thread is a separate thread with its own URL. Both now appear in the Food and Drink forum separately. I tried merging them but the merge did not work. I have requested help from Forumotion to fix the issue.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:53 pm

I got my answer, and it is not good.

Forumotion has a limitation that after 990 posts, the thread gets locked and split.

http://help.forumotion.com/t1709-some-limits-of-forumotion-forum

Forumtion wrote:Messages in a subject: 990 messages (once the limit reached, the subject is locked and splitted)
Other limitations are:
1. Number of posts: 8 million, can be increased to 4 billion once breached. We are at 93,000 so we don't risk hitting that.
2. Message length: 65,000 characters. This applies only if someone is trying to copy-paste a book or something.
3. Signature length: 1,000 characters. This ensures that people don't have signatures that spam the forum.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:36 am

it's ok for the older thread still exists -- i had not noticed it till now. i have seen this happen in other boards like invison too. normally they give such threads a chronological number like 1,2,3...

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:52 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:it's ok for the older thread still exists -- i had not noticed it till now. i have seen this happen in other boards like invison too. normally they give such threads a chronological number like 1,2,3...
Good idea, will do that on next admin login.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:33 pm

Idéfix wrote:
rawemotions wrote:Admin,
I see a screen for
a) view my posts,

Suggestions

As you may know, the technical infrastructure for this forum is managed by Forumotion, and they have very limited UI customization options. I will look into your requests when I login as admin next, but I am not optimistic that they allow this level of customization. I do know that in another, alternative forum software that I was testing a while ago, some of these options were available. I don't think they have those here, but I will post an update here after I take a look.
I can confirm that they don't.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Guest wrote:chat app on the other site sucks. also if i mistype my password twice, it makes me wait 15 min. its worse that icicidirect. they let you type ur pwd twice but also let you know if your capslock is on after the first time.
It seems to be one of those design features supposed to protect you from password hackers. It is supposed to discourage people who want to try to guess your password using an algorithm. I don't know how big of an issue that is on SuCHat, but more to the point, I don't know how to disable that "feature."
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:25 am

not sure what part of the globe you are in, but chat is broken.

(Sasthi had logged in last night to 'check out the page layout', but so far she is just a person of interest, not a suspect).

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:28 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:but so far she is just a person of interest, not a suspect).

ILU for coy-lil' zingers Smile

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:08 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:but so far she is just a person of interest, not a suspect).

ILU for coy-lil' zingers Smile

Yay. This is the first ilu anyone said to me this whole month. (assuming ilu = I love you, and not something other double meaning laddu thing going around). Except for my baby who never forgets to hug me, it's just been, ihu ihu from all quarters, i.e. the other kid, team, and god.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:27 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:not sure what part of the globe you are in, but chat is broken.

(Sasthi had logged in last night to 'check out the page layout', but so far she is just a person of interest, not a suspect).

I tried to speed up chat, but may have deleted some user IDs inadvertently.

The problem with chat was that a lot of spambots had created many user IDs using scripts. There were over 400,000 user IDs on chaikaapi.com Smile. So I tried deleteing some of those user IDs. I am sorry if I deleted your user ID inadvertently. Please create your ID again and you should be good to go.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:not sure what part of the globe you are in, but chat is broken.

I tried to speed up chat, but may have deleted some user IDs inadvertently.

The problem with chat was that a lot of spambots had created many user IDs using scripts. There were over 400,000 user IDs on chaikaapi.com Smile. So I tried deleteing some of those user IDs. I am sorry if I deleted your user ID inadvertently. Please create your ID again and you should be good to go.

yeah, i think my ids got deleted, both kinnera and nenu. I'm not able to login. It says the password is not correct. Let me create them again. Thanks for working on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:31 pm

In order to prevent this situation from occurring again, I have implemented a captcha image on sign up. This is a picture that shows up when you are signing up; you need to enter the letters you see before you can sign up. This helps prevent spambots from signing up.

All user IDs on chaikaapi.com were deleted in this process. Please recreate your use IDs. You don't need to prove a valid email address, just something that "looks like" an email address.

Kinnera, your ID should still work as you created it after the change.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Why do I have to log every time even though I checked log me automatically?

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:40 am

Sandee2020 wrote:Why do I have to log every time even though I checked log me automatically?
after n number of days, the forum logs you out automatically (i think). are you having this problem despite visiting the site (almost) every day?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:42 am

Idéfix wrote:In order to prevent this situation from occurring again, I have implemented a captcha image on sign up. This is a picture that shows up when you are signing up; you need to enter the letters you see before you can sign up. This helps prevent spambots from signing up.

All user IDs on chaikaapi.com were deleted in this process. Please recreate your use IDs. You don't need to prove a valid email address, just something that "looks like" an email address.

Kinnera, your ID should still work as you created it after the change.
the market valuation of your site, ch.chaikaapi.com, will plummet as a consequence of these measures. we applaud your magnanimity. clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:23 am

i'm having problems with the "theme." unable to change it to grey (or any other colour save the default green).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:29 am

HK this morning I did not have to log again, it was automatic. No I do not log everyday, depends on the topics. Smile

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:38 am

Sandee2020 wrote:HK this morning I did not have to log again, it was automatic. No I do not log everyday, depends on the topics. Smile
yes, if you are not logging in everyday then forumotion will automatically log you out after a few days. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:02 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i'm having problems with the "theme." unable to change it to grey (or any other colour save the default green).
Interesting, it must have broken some time in the past. When was the last time the theme changer worked here? The answer will help me troubleshoot this issue.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:17 am

Idéfix wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i'm having problems with the "theme." unable to change it to grey (or any other colour save the default green).
Interesting, it must have broken some time in the past. When was the last time the theme changer worked here? The answer will help me troubleshoot this issue.
it was grey this morning. after the chat fixes you did and left, it returned to green and i can't change it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:22 am

It should be fixed now. Please try and let me know.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:16 pm

Idéfix wrote:It should be fixed now. Please try and let me know.
texas! curious: what went wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Idéfix wrote:It should be fixed now. Please try and let me know.
texas! curious: what went wrong?
The stylesheet files for the themes are hosted on chaikaapi.com. The changes I made were: upgrade the MyBB installation of forum software there (to improve spambot prevention), and upgrade the chat software to the latest version (to improve performance). When I did the upgrades, I deleted everything on chaikaapi.com and started from scratch. I forgot to put back the stylesheet files, so the themes broke here.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:35 pm

i wanted a clearer but smaller profile picture. instead i got a gigantic one. any ideas on how i can shrink it?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:51 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:...i got a gigantic one. any ideas on how i can shrink it?

Haha...Prof, I think your fan following will appreciate a gigantic one rather than a shrunk one.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon May 13, 2013 4:11 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i wanted a clearer but smaller profile picture. instead i got a gigantic one. any ideas on how i can shrink it?
Sorry, I just saw this. Looks like you found a solution. Please let me know if you still need help with this.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 9:50 am

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/chaikaap/public_html/ch/inc/settings.php on line 183

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri May 17, 2013 11:06 am

pls make the coffeehouse logo on chat page grey or lose it completely.
also, pls get rid of all the colorful emoticons. and the color palette for fonts.

TIA,

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 11:35 am

seven wrote:pls make the coffeehouse logo on chat page grey or lose it completely.
also, pls get rid of all the colorful emoticons. and the color palette for fonts.

TIA,
what??? bhy?????? looks good the way it is!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18, 2013 9:06 am

I can think of one more emoticon. Raised eyebrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 25, 2013 1:24 am

having difficulty with Google Chrome Version 27.0.1453.94 m. can't see the themes menu. i can see it in firefox though. can't see it in explorer either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 25, 2013 9:14 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:having difficulty with Google Chrome Version 27.0.1453.94 m. can't see the themes menu. i can see it in firefox though. can't see it in explorer either.
just checked on different laptops. there is some incompatibility of themes with chrome that crept up this morning or last night. anyone else having this problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 11:15 am

chat:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/chaikaap/public_html/ch/inc/settings.php on line 183

is it just me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 11:23 am

[quote="Huzefa Kapasi"]chat:

is it just me? [/quote

I just checked. I got the same error too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 11:52 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:having difficulty with Google Chrome Version 27.0.1453.94 m. can't see the themes menu. i can see it in firefox though. can't see it in explorer either.
just checked on different laptops. there is some incompatibility of themes with chrome that crept up this morning or last night. anyone else having this problem?
yes, this is a problem with the last google chrome update (that happened the day before).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next