Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you drinking right now?

+34
Petrichor
goodcitizn
Tejpal Singh Iyer
FluteHolder
carlfraine
TruthSeeker
nevada
iTEDx
Captain Bhankas
bw
southindian
pravalika nanda
Bittu
Propagandhi711
pravalika
Mr. T
Kris
garam_kuta
Rekz
MaxEntropy_Man
sarath
.|Sublime|.
doofus_maximus
charvaka
Nila
artood2
tapori
Arwen LOTR
Impedimenta
Another Brick
Mosquito
rawemotions
Merlot Daruwala
Hellsangel
38 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Empty Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Hellsangel Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:27 pm

на здоровья

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0411
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Empty Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Hellsangel Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:05 pm

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0011
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:39 pm

I glass of water with 4 medicines to control blood pressure and heart disease.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:05 pm

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0012
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:31 pm

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0018
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:58 pm

Hellsangel wrote:What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0018

50 cal?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:31 am

southindian wrote:I glass of water with 4 medicines to control blood pressure and heart disease.

oh soot, surely you know that resveratrol in red wine is the magic substance that wards off heart disease. don't you watch the red wine ads anymore. the cure to your heart disease is to drink wine! throw away that water, throw away those pills, drink wine like all the elites do.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:37 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

50 cal?
he's not a teen on a diet.

what I'd like to know is which of these guys will get alcohol-induced liver disease, unwanted weight gain and colorectal or other cancers first.

i think the top three alcohol afficionados are merlot, max, hellsangel. you'd probably like to drink more but kauveri akka probably has you on a short leash. shrug, secular-elites and their western ways.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:59 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

50 cal?

he has probably downed close to 700 calories from sipping that mead - the bottle opener is  50 cal(iber).

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:52 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

50 cal?

what I'd like to know is which of these guys will get alcohol-induced liver disease, unwanted weight gain and colorectal or other cancers first.

i think the top three alcohol afficionados are merlot, max, hellsangel. you'd probably like to drink more but kauveri akka probably has you on a short leash. shrug, secular-elites and their western ways.

I meant is that a 50 caliber (or possibly a .308 winchester sniper cartridge). I drink very little, maybe a beer every 2 months or so

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:00 am

pravalika nanda wrote:what I'd like to know is which of these guys will get alcohol-induced liver disease, unwanted weight gain and colorectal or other cancers first.

the fuck? you got to be the biggest dunce on this board.

alcohol-induced liver diseases: i've drunk more alcohol than all the people in this board would have till now and will drink more till i live (though not as aggressively as i used to). i had a colonscopy done 2 months ago for a suspected haemorrhoid. result was positive for haemorrhoid but i had to undergo LFT and ultrasound of upper abdomen and my liver was normal. i am not an exceptional case. alcohol is a suspect for liver cirrhosis but that is just it. all these suspects in medical literature are tenuous causalities. eat an apple a day; it will keep the doctor away. 

unwanted weight gain: excessive drinking results in weight loss! i think. not sure. but neither are you sure!

colorectal cancer: i think this forum is populated by people who are indians (no matter their nationality). what is the epidemiology of colorectal cancer among indians? google it. i think i can boldly suggest, as medical literature freely available on the net does, that being indian puts you in the lowest risk for colorectal cancer. 

other cancers: here is my reply: etc. ok?

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:54 pm

LOL @ some replies. Its been a long time since I had a decent drink!

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:54 pm

Green tea with an inch of fresh ginger, half a lemon and a tsp of wild honey. My healthy new addiction...so soothing, relaxing and yummy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Kinnera wrote:Green tea with an inch of fresh ginger, half a lemon and a tsp of wild honey. My healthy new addiction...so soothing, relaxing and yummy!
Dayquil is my poison- so stupefying, so comforting etc.. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:32 pm

Kris wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Green tea with an inch of fresh ginger, half a lemon and a tsp of wild honey. My healthy new addiction...so soothing, relaxing and yummy!
Dayquil is my poison- so stupefying, so comforting etc.. Smile
Ayyo Krissu....sigh! I hope you get well soon.

I am back to Hotlanta y'day. Luckily, it's been raining heavily today, washing away all the pollen. And i got my house thoroughly cleaned in the morn and the comforters sterilized...just in case. Hopefully the cough, sneezing and all the associated nastiness doesn't recur.

Get in the pink of your health ASAP! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:54 pm

had an excellent orange mimosa at lunchtime.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:01 pm

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0021
Oban. Scotch after a long time. Still prefer Bourbon.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:41 pm

had lunch with my department and I ended up having a sangria. it was icy and good.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:08 am

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0022
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:30 pm

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0024
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:13 pm

frontera conchay toro malbec. i have gone back to this wine again and again this season. just love it.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:11 am

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0310
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:23 pm

had a french martini at my students' graduation last night.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:25 pm

Very nice dessert beer.
What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0211
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Very refreshing ale.

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0212
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:00 am

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0210

Last night. Been a while since I had it.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:12 am

Hellsangel wrote:What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0210

Last night. Been a while since I had it.

gosh! i hated JD and all sorts of american whiskies (to be honest JD was all i tried) till i had JD, last month, in my hotel in delhi. loved it to the moon and back! so smoky, so flavourful. getting this templeton rye this week! i'll boast pics!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:49 am

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 2016-021
oye hoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! awesome! full taste of sherry in this bourbon (type). those scottish bastards are missing something with their smoky overkill. will try triple cask balvenie (among the lower smoked single malts) now to see the difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:21 am

... and balvenie tastes exactly like JD (80% same)... sweet and under-smoked. no wonder i grew a taste for it! from now it's only bourbon (till i lay my hands on a bottle of templeton rye or an equivalent).

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Bal10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:51 am

back to JD. full taste! balvenie tastes a bit medicinal (despite its fruitiness) kinda like a mosquito repellant.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:49 pm

too many rocks. the way to drink good scotch -- a dram or two with a drop or two of distilled water. sip slowly and let your tongue be washed by the liquid, and nostrils be enlivened by the fumes.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:17 pm

I tasted Johnny Walker's black label once. Yuck!!! Tasted horrible! It was bitter. I couldn't go past the first gulp. Poured out the rest in the kitchen sink.  I'd rather drink karela juice than whiskey. I can't understand how people can enjoy that horrible tasting stuff, and worse, get addicted to it and can't get off of it. sigh!! 

Ps: Some things in life are incomprehensible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:23 pm

Interesting article.

http://www.realmendrinkwhiskey.com/whiskey-myths/
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:16 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:too many rocks. the way to drink good scotch -- a dram or two with a drop or two of distilled water. sip slowly and let your tongue be washed by the liquid, and nostrils be enlivened by the fumes.

apparently, you do this after 50, then you'll hear "cirrhosis" every time someone says "cheers" cheers

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:31 am

garam_kuta wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:too many rocks. the way to drink good scotch -- a dram or two with a drop or two of distilled water. sip slowly and let your tongue be washed by the liquid, and nostrils be enlivened by the fumes.

apparently, you do this after 50, then you'll hear "cirrhosis" every time someone says "cheers" cheers
hahahaha!

i seldom follow the textbook in matters of taste. i eat ice! and i like it!

i made a boston sour yesterday with JD (and egg white) for old time's sake. i liked it cos it had the texture of a smoothie, what with crushed ice in it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:22 am

Hellsangel wrote:Interesting article.

hahaahahahahaah!

You Must Drink it Neat
This one tends to come from older men, adamant that drinking your dram any way other than neat is an outright offense to the spirit, and common sense. While you probably shouldn’t mix expensive whiskey with pop (use something cheap for that), the truth is simple:
The proper way to drink whiskey is however you enjoy drinking it.

Read more: http://www.realmendrinkwhiskey.com/whiskey-myths/#ixzz45s6ZgGJ7

it's probably an iyer tradition to drink scotch as the scots and english would! kinda like not starting anything on toosday and not clipping nails after dark?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:34 am

hahahahahaahahahaha! this reminded me of Il Professore!

i'm gonna watch more of frasier now with another (or two) of whisky sour.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:10 pm

i don't drink scotch too frequently. once a month is plenty and then only a couple of drams of some good high end scotch that someone or the other has gifted me. IMO, it's not just a question of aping the scots and the brits. there are plenty of brits who mix scotch with all kinds of diluents and sweetening juices. the reason good expensive scotch is to be had unadulterated except for a few drops of water is to taste the essential characteristics of the drink -- the inherent sweetness of the malt and its peatiness (smokiness). throwing in excessive ice, water, and sweetening juices either dilutes the experience or completely masks the essence of good scotch whiskey. what's really the point of that?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:16 pm

ralfy usually has some good advice:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ralfystuff

ralfy reviews amrut:

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:39 pm

brie wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:Interesting article.

hahaahahahahaah!

You Must Drink it Neat
This one tends to come from older men, adamant that drinking your dram any way other than neat is an outright offense to the spirit, and common sense. While you probably shouldn’t mix expensive whiskey with pop (use something cheap for that), the truth is simple:
The proper way to drink whiskey is however you enjoy drinking it.

Read more: http://www.realmendrinkwhiskey.com/whiskey-myths/#ixzz45s6ZgGJ7

it's probably an iyer tradition to drink scotch as the scots and english would! kinda like not starting anything on toosday and not clipping nails after dark?

my mother's explanation being that in the days of minimal or no power in rural residences, clipped nails may slip out of control and fall in the vicinity that may not be visible to naked eye in poorly lit/dark areas where infants/toddlers crawl and may get hurt and much worse, them even sticking it into their mouth.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:38 pm

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Img_7710

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:41 pm

At my age and stage in life, I have realized that "high end" scotch is meant for snooty, highfalutin bytches who don't know their rear end from their face. It's a sheer waste of money really. 

I would gladly pay $500 for a pair of shoes today but won't drop more than $15 on a bottle of booze. Quitting the sauce is best, but until that happens, I'm not pissing away good money on 'high end' booze. F that.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:18 pm

I'm at a stage in life where I don't drink much at all and if I'm going to drink, it sure as hell isn't $2 hooch.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:38 pm

but dude. Maxi. you are spindly. doesn't matter what you do/eat/drink. you are spindly. 

try to become non-spindly. it feels good. and chix dig you.

HTH but i doubt it.

As for your stage in life, I bet you can't get it up either. amirite or amirite?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:33 pm

dogfish head 90 min IPA.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:47 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:dogfish head 90 min IPA.

oh yes, just the right color and body, telling you how it's going to taste - one of my top IPA favorites

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 03, 2016 8:22 pm

наздраве!

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0310
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun May 08, 2016 7:52 pm

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0311
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 12, 2016 8:25 pm

A fine blend of bourbon and rye.

What are you drinking right now? - Page 10 Imag0312
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 20, 2016 8:58 pm

feierabendbier - the claim is that it is a trappist pilsner brewed in massachusetts's first trappist brewery, spencer brewing. it's a very nice beer, but doesn't taste much like a pilsner, but like a standard belgian saison.

more info about spencer brewery -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Joseph%27s_Abbey,_Massachusetts#Spencer_Brewery
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next