Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sometimes you wonder where and how fast the time has flown -- cherish every moment

5 posters

Go down

Sometimes you wonder where and how fast the time has flown -- cherish every moment Empty Sometimes you wonder where and how fast the time has flown -- cherish every moment

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Our (Subhash & Anjna's) 41st wedding anniversary (Aug. 14, 2017):

Sometimes you wonder where and how fast the time has flown -- cherish every moment Anniversary-14-8-2017-1

(https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=757824351086787&set=a.287791531423407.1073741826.100005776877580)
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Sometimes you wonder where and how fast the time has flown -- cherish every moment Empty Re: Sometimes you wonder where and how fast the time has flown -- cherish every moment

Post by garam_kuta Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:48 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:[size=13]Our (Subhash & Anjna's) 41st wedding anniversary (Aug. 14, 2017):

ah, life is good, sevaji...wish you a healthy and happy road to the 60th, 80th and so on....

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Sometimes you wonder where and how fast the time has flown -- cherish every moment Empty Re: Sometimes you wonder where and how fast the time has flown -- cherish every moment

Post by silvermani Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Badhai ho Sevaji! Wish you long life, good health and happiness.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:57 pm

hi Seva! Happy Anniversary! Nice pic! When and where was it clicked

and you had monsoon wedding in himachal? Describe the day Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:54 am

Yo Seva - Is that you? :-)

Did you take her permission to post her picture?

My wife scolds me often when I share the Picasa album with only my friends/family claiming that I cannot post her ANY pictures.

I am like - Whatever!

Anyways, nice to see you dude, and Mrs Seva. Please tell her that a someone who claims to be a seeker, conveys his regards and hello to her! :-)

Always with respect,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:06 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:[size=13]Our (Subhash & Anjna's) 41st wedding anniversary (Aug. 14, 2017):

ah, life is good, sevaji...wish you a healthy and happy road to the 60th, 80th and so on....
Hi G.K., 

Thanks for the good wishes on our 41st anniversary and those in future.

Seva
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:07 am

silvermani wrote:Badhai ho Sevaji! Wish you long life, good health and happiness.
Hi SilverMani,

Thanks for the anniversary wishes for long life, good health and happiness.

Seva
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:16 am

t w wrote:hi Seva! Happy Anniversary! Nice pic! When and where was it clicked

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for the anniversary wishes and commenting on the picture, clicked on the same day (Aug. 14, 2017) in our Condo/Apt. balcony (Toronto).  

As for the monsoon wedding day in Himachal in 1976 (Aug. 14), that was indeed monsoon season. I had just completed / passed my comprehensive exam for Ph.D. at UBC during that summer and headed to India for a 4 wk vacation. After staying for 2 wk. in the village (Ansoli) I decided to get married. Quickly, there was a search for a girl -- saw a first girl (from a nearby village and studying then in Chandigarh, P.U.) for the first time, said okay to her and got married in a wk. Quite a hectic time. A wk. later  I was back in Canada. My wife joined me in Vancouver (UBC) a yr. later (in 1977) and another yr. later (1978) my first son was born in Vancouver (around the time I defended my Ph.D. thesis).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:30 am

TruthSeeker wrote:Yo Seva - Is that you? :-)

Did you take her permission to post her picture?

My wife scolds me often when I share the Picasa album with only my friends/family claiming that I cannot post her ANY pictures.

I am like - Whatever!

Anyways, nice to see you dude, and Mrs Seva. Please tell her that a someone who claims to be a seeker, conveys his regards and hello to her! :-)

Always with respect,
TS.
Hi TS,

Thanks for the message. Yes, it is myself (Seva) and my wife (a.k.a. Angie) in the photo / picture. Btw, I hadn't asked or told  her about posting the picture beforehand, but let's say it has now already happened and nothing can be done about it. Perhaps you can try doing the same about posting your wife's photo here. Good luck!

Seva
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:32 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for the anniversary wishes and commenting on the picture, clicked on the same day (Aug. 14, 2017) in our Condo/Apt. balcony (Toronto).  

As for the monsoon wedding day in Himachal in 1976 (Aug. 14), that was indeed monsoon season. I had just completed / passed my comprehensive exam for Ph.D. at UBC during that summer and headed to India for a 4 wk vacation. After staying for 2 wk. in the village (Ansoli) I decided to get married. Quickly, there was a search for a girl -- saw a first girl (from a nearby village and studying then in Chandigarh, P.U.) for the first time, said okay to her and got married in a wk. Quite a hectic time. A wk. later  I was back in Canada. My wife joined me in Vancouver (UBC) a yr. later (in 1977) and another yr. later (1978) my first son was born in Vancouver (around the time I defended my Ph.D. thesis).

Wow. lovely picture. Happy anniversary Seva.. 41 years.. great going. wishes for many more years.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:51 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Hi Tracy,

wow, a beautiful story! Smile I am a big believer in arranged marriages like this. but I also know I was not cut out for this. Sometimes I wonder why I wasn't so easy back then too. I completely supported anyone and everyone who married blind. But, try to make me go through the same process (luckily no one ever did), and I would freak out big time. Didn't help that I was always in a relationship (or a breakup). One of those cases where your theory and belief in life is in direct contrast to how you would do it yourself. Wasn't being a hypocrite. I knew this system worked for many, so why judge people who are not same as me. especially in case of my friends, they would be in an arranged marriage, but had a big say in who they wanted to marry (except one and that didn't go well), and quite a few of them enjoyed a decently long engagement/courtship period. That was even sweeter.

Funnily, even the 'proposals' that came my way were from the families of guys I already knew from college or village. There was just one random case of some IIT dude in delhi (on vacation from the US) who spotted me in my cousin's wedding pic album, and asked another cousin about me. The idea was so bizarre that I told my cousin to shut up. He tried to sell it to my mom too for 1 day, but she also told him to shut it. I was only in 1st year then. But even in this case, my cousin was very close to me, and he knew that guy very well, and sincerely thought we were very compatible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:28 am

Congrats, Seva ji. Nice to get to see a face for a handle Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:58 pm

Hi Seva,

If you were to give top 5 lessons to a 21 year old, what would they be? :-)

With best wishes always,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:25 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Hi Tracy,

Wow. lovely picture. Happy anniversary Seva.. 41 years.. great going. wishes for many more years.
Hi P.S,,

Thanks for the visit and leaving a lovely message and wishes on our wedding anniversary. Nice also to see you again posting on SuCH. 

Subhash Sharma
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:32 am

t w wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Hi Tracy,

wow, a beautiful story! Smile I am a big believer in arranged marriages like this. but I also know I was not cut out for this. Sometimes I wonder why I wasn't so easy back then too. I completely supported anyone and everyone who married blind. But, try to make me go through the same process (luckily no one ever did), and I would freak out big time. Didn't help that I was always in a relationship (or a breakup). One of those cases where your theory and belief in life is in direct contrast to how you would do it yourself. Wasn't being a hypocrite. I knew this system worked for many, so why judge people who are not same as me. especially in case of my friends, they would be in an arranged marriage, but had a big say in who they wanted to marry (except one and that didn't go well), and quite a few of them enjoyed a decently long engagement/courtship period. That was even sweeter.

Funnily, even the 'proposals' that came my way were from the families of guys I already knew from college or village. There was just one random case of some IIT dude in delhi (on vacation from the US) who spotted me in my cousin's wedding pic album, and asked another cousin about me. The idea was so bizarre that I told my cousin to shut up. He tried to sell it to my mom too for 1 day, but she also told him to shut it. I was only in 1st year then. But even in this case, my cousin was very close to me, and he knew that guy very well, and sincerely thought we were very compatible.
yes, you are right about the arranged marriage not for everyone -- there is much apprehension and uncertainty in the beginning as the married couple in arranged marriage start as total strangers. Btw, in our case both of us had the complete say (yes or no?) after the initial meeting whether we should go for marriage.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:39 am

Guest wrote:Congrats, Seva ji. Nice to get to see a face for a handle Smile

Hi Guest / Kinneraji,

Thanks for the congratulations and message.  
Yes, it will be nice to see more faces and real names of SuCH members posting here. 

Subhash Sharma
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:46 am

TruthSeeker wrote:Hi Seva,

With best wishes always,
TS.
That's a tough one --  give 5 lessons to a 21 yr. old, especially if you don't even know that person.  
Perhaps I might just suggest to anyone in that age group,  "I hope you know what you are doing."
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:40 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
TruthSeeker wrote:Hi Seva,

With best wishes always,
TS.
That's a tough one --  give 5 lessons to a 21 yr. old, especially if you don't even know that person.  
Perhaps I might just suggest to anyone in that age group,  "I hope you know what you are doing."

no one asked me but I will chip in, heh. At almost 44, I will tell a 21 year old - life is forever changing, which may not be such a bad thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:12 pm

Hmm. Let me change -

Whats your best advise to someone going to college after graduating HS?

Seva, TW, anyone?

Pls try,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:01 pm

not a whole lot different Smile life is forever changing and that may not be such a bad thing

you may go into college thinking you want to major in computer science, but by third year change tracks and go into medical. or vice versa. 

if you are undecided on your field, then learn soon enough to weigh out what your interest is in, and if you have a decent shot at it. You may want to be a science major but you hate chemistry, or you may want to become a lawyer but you hate research, then I mean, you are wasting time and money

treat college as a privilege, not a right

to me personally, one of the main goals is to learn critical/logical thinking and problem solving. College gives you ample opportunities to build up that skill over 4 years. that skill is what will set you apart from others forever. 

learn to seek out and respect other smart people

keep yourself physically safe on campus

get a part time job. apart from tuition, manage your money on your own

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:15 am

TruthSeeker wrote:Hmm. Let me change -

Whats your best advise to someone going to college after graduating HS?

Seva, TW, anyone?

Pls try,
TS.

My advice to anyone young and in a position to attend school or college is to learn as much as possible and without limiting to a single / narrow discipline, as I also indicated in the following
https://such.forumotion.com/t43947-on-the-way-to-learning-about-arts-literature-and-languages-in-school#241749
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down